Please select a title for more information:
All of our software is purely freeware; we will never deliver or bundle with shareware, adware, or spyware.
FreeRAM XP Pro
| Release date:
| File size:
||606 KB (.zip format)
||Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, 2003 Server, XP (NT4.x is unsupported)
|| View screenshot
Freeware application to free and optimize your computer's
RAM (Random Access Memory), resulting in an increase in system performance
and productivity. Automatically configures itself for ease of use
and also features advanced options and customizability.
FreeRAM XP Pro has been designed to be easy to use yet highly customizable by computer novices and experts alike.
Features and options include:
- Automatic, real-time memory monitoring and optimization
- Fast, threaded memory freeing with stop option
- AutoFree option intelligently optimizes RAM without sacrificing performance
- system metric and performance monitors
- Advanced tray support
- Memory reporting and diagnostic logging
- Simple, attractive interface
- RAM-cuts (RAM-freeing Windows shortcuts)
- Customizable Windows hotkey support
- Access to Windows memory-related tweaks that could enhance system performance (new in 1.50)
- Process memory usage reporting (new in 1.50)
- Unique memory compression technology directly reduces applications' "working set" memory requirements instantly and without swap file usage: completely unlike other memory programs (new in 1.50)
- More options and customizability
Download.com gives FreeRAM XP Pro a top rating of 5 out of 5
Looking to free up some RAM on your running system? Then FreeRAM XP Pro is the program for you. Truly freeware, it gives you complete access to all its... Read the whole review
| What's new
in version 1.52:
||Enabled Global Memory Compression technology for all memory operations by default (for fresh installs only; can be disabled through the Settings); makes AutoFree slightly more conservative in how much RAM to free; fixes a minor installation bug.
||Possible issue with Windows XP SP2 and FreeRAM XP
On a small minority of systems, installing Service Pack
2 (SP2) for Windows XP will result in the FreeRAM XP Pro tray icon
not showing up properly when starting with Windows. The number of
Windows XP SP2 systems affected appears to be a relatively small
percentage, and it is not known what system factors cause this issue
on affected computers.
If you experience this problem, there is currently no sure fix,
but you could try:
All of these are only potential workarounds, and are not guaranteed
- Enabling the troubleshooting tray icon option, on the last tab
in the Settings window, to delay the tray icon by a certain number
of seconds ("Delay tray icon by ... seconds")
- Disabling automatic startup with Windows, and moving a shortcut
to the FreeRAM XP Pro program file into the Startup folder of
your Start Menu.
- Disabling automatic startup with Windows, and starting the program
manually once Windows has finished loading
FreeRAM XP Lite
Development of FreeRAM XP Lite is discontinued. FreeRAM XP Lite is obsolete
and has been replaced by FreeRAM XP Pro, which is more powerful and also
free of cost. We continue to provide FreeRAM XP Lite here for download
in English and Spanish for completeness and as a courtesy to users who
wish to continue using FreeRAM XP Lite.
FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40
Because FreeRAM XP Pro 1.52/1.51/1.50 is a major update to version 1.40, we offer FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40 for download as a courtesy to users who would like to continue using version 1.40. However, use of the latest version (1.52) is highly recommended over use of 1.40.
Search for other products
Use the integrated search tool below to find what you need on the web, on the YourWare Solutions website, or on our two preferred software hubs, CNET and Tucows.
Example: enter adware removal and select www.cnet.com to list adware removal tools on CNET.